Lily, Whale Research/Rescue Safari is a 49-passenger luxury power catamaran with state-of-the-art research and rescue equipment. You'll enjoy dolphin and whale watching in luxury with a beautifully appointed cabin, climate-controlled pilothouse, shaded upper sundeck, and spacious bow, all with cushioned seating, as well as a fully equipped galley. The sundeck and bow both feature rails enclosed with Lexan® glass for wind protection. You can contribute to whale and dolphin research and learn more about the lives of individual animals using our on board ID catalog. Explore beneath the surface with an underwater remote operated vehicle (ROV) that passengers can drive. See and hear dolphins and whales underwater with our hydrophone and underwater camera. A life-size common dolphin, micro-museum of whale and dolphin artifacts, and stunning photographic art throughout the boat immerse you in the world of dolphins and whales. Trips are broadcast live on our website. And Mrs. Capt. Dave's famous triple fudge brownies are served as a special treat!
Enjoy dolphin and whale watching in luxury! Lily’s fully equipped stainless steel galley is perfect for hosting any special event with features that include an ice maker, trash compactor, dumbwaiter, 4-burner stove, dual refrigerator, huge freezer compartment, dishwasher, garbage disposal, butcher block cutting station, and more.
The beautifully appointed heated and air-conditioned salon (interior), with seating for up to 15, is richly decorated in warm golden and brown hues to make guests feel right at home. Panoramic windows ensure terrific viewing of the dolphins, whales, and scenic coastline.
Spacious upper sundeck is perfect for entertaining and whale watching with cushioned seating for 18 to 20, cocktail tables, cup holders, and more. Lexan® glass for wind protection and an adjustable awning offer climate control, sun or shade as needed.
In the heated and air conditioned pilothouse with table seating for six, guests are welcome to visit with the Captain.
The foredeck (bow) is ideal for up close encounters with dolphins and whales. Wrap-around cushioned seating, cushioned backrests, cup holders and rails enclosed with Lexan® glass for wind protection offer supreme comfort and convenience while whale watching. A realistic, life size, common dolphin and stunning photographic art throughout the boat immerse passengers in the world of dolphins and whales.
Lily Whale Research/Rescue Safari is completely equipped to respond at a moment’s notice to a whale in distress, though Lily will only be used for observation when passengers are on board for safety reasons. She can host and feed an entire rescue team and stay with the whale for days until the whale is successfully disentangled. Whale and dolphin entanglement in fishing gear is a world wide problem nearly 1,000 dolphins and whales are estimated to die every day because of entanglement.
Special Research Equipment and Accessories:
• Underwater remote operated vehicle (ROV) that passengers can drive. This high definition robotic camera will send live video, still shots, depth information, and water temperature back to the boat to help us view and understand the behavior and feeding habits of cetaceans and fish up to 200 feet below the surface.
• Professional camera with GPS receiver to track and record the animals.
• Photo identification catalog software.
• Steerable pole-mounted underwater camera capable of high resolution photographs with on board monitors for passengers to capture ID photos and video that they can take home too.
• Underwater hydrophone allowing passengers and crew to hear vocalizations of dolphins and whales.
• Beautiful whale research badges for passenger who participate in our on board whale research program for children and adults.
• Micro museum with whale and dolphin artifacts.
• During trips a transmission from the ROV and seven other cameras will be broadcast live on our website.
Learn more about Orange County whale research >